Sunday 6 November 2016

PCB Natural Hair Is... Project

Natural Hair is a very vast subject. 
It encompasses so much things, texture, shape, length, products, hairstyles, time and so much more.

As a Photographer, a Female Photographer, a life long Naturalista, member of Team Natural Hair and just a woman, Natural Hair is very important to me. It signifies so much about my life, who I am and with that being said, it led me to start this project.


I was at work, at my desk on April 19th 2016, when I decided to start looking for models. I'm a very spontaneous person, and when I have been blessed with an idea and it feels right with my soul, I put it into action immediately. As a result of that personality trait, I took a photo of the page in front of me and created the photo below, that I shared on Instagram, Facebook, and the Naturalist App that I use. The caption was:-
"PCBphotography is starting a Natural Hair Project. We're looking for natural hair models based in Nottingham UK to kickstart the project. TAG A NATUARLISTA ASAP TO GIVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY! If you're interested send an email to pcbphotography@ymail.com #PCBphotography"

I expected it to get the awareness out about the project I was starting and get some attention from local Naturalistas that I could work with. I did this in the same way I did when I was creating and working on the SK Natural Hair Project on my YouTube channel.

When I got home that day, I started putting things in place, working on the idea a little more and made sure that it wasn't just and idea. It was the PCB Natural Hair Is... Project. Now, before I go any further, I want to explain why it is called "PCB Natural Hair Is... Project" Like I said at the beginning, Natural Hair is a very vast subject. What it is to me is very different to each of my sisters. Its also different to my friends who have natural hair. It's different to men and its different to people who do not have natural hair as a result of manipulating it with chemicals. Because of that, I wanted to work with people who could share what Natural Hair Is to them, in their own words and in their own beauty.


I'm currently based in Nottingham, UK and it didn't take me long to find a Naturalista. Her story will come in the next blog so stay tuned. Bear in mind, the coming blogs are about photo shoots that have already taken place, and the project is still going. There are so much more people that I can work with to give them a voice and share their natural beauty with the world. 

Bringing beauty to the world through photography

Kayisha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are very much appreciated... Thank you! PCB ⭐